Some People Believe That Competitive Sports Can Cause Conflicts Between Nations | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people argue that competitive sports are for bringing together different people and cultures others argue that these sports can cause problems and increase conflicts between nations. Discuss both point of views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Competitive sports attract audience from different nations and cultures. While some believe that such occasions promote unity among people of different cultures and nationalities, others fear that they lead to the escalation of tension among people. In my opinion sports always spread love and foster brotherhood among people irrespective of their nationality.
Every year teams from different countries play competitive sports in global tournaments. The popularity of these events make people visit stadiums to watch them live. People supporting their national teams are root for their team’s victory. Even then they respect their opposition team and their supporters. People enjoy the competitive nature of the game and simultaneously interact with their opponents. This interaction between the people of different cultures is of mutual respect and admiration. FIFA Football world cup, for instance, sees stiff competition between arch rivals and their supporters are seen enjoying the game with their counterparts. Thus, it is evident that people of different origins come together to enjoy and amalgamate at these events.
There are, however, many people who are wary of competitive sports and its after effects. They opine that competitive spirits in the high stake games raise tempers of the supporters of the losing team. As the emotions run high during such games there is every chance that serious altercations can occur between supporters of different teams. Sometimes emotional outburst is so phenomenal that tensions can even lead to a diplomatic crisis between the two nations. An India Pakistan cricket match, for example, is watched with fervor by the people of both the nations. It is always feared that this game might raise conflicts between two nations and aggravate their strained ties.
In conclusion, in my opinion, frequent exposure to such competitive games eases the pressure associated with them and creates the atmosphere of bonding and affection between people with different backgrounds.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports on television affects the health of young people
- Learning to play team sports is an important part of a child’s education | Band 9 IELTS Essay
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Should wealthy nations share their wealth among poor nations
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports is a waste of time
- Nowadays many young people are attracted to dangerous sports | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 essay sample | The rich nations should help the poor nations
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Should governments spend money for training sports people?
- Band 7.5 essay sample: Developed nations should give financial aid to undeveloped nations
- IELTS essay sample: Should sports be taught at school?
- IELTS essay sample | Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health