Some People Argue That Job Satisfaction Is More Important Than Job Security | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people argue that job satisfaction is more important than job security, while others believe that they cannot always expect job satisfaction and a permanent job is more important. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
In this contemporary world, it is crucial to earn enough in order to sustain oneself. While there are conflicting views on whether job satisfaction is more crucial than having a secured job, I certainly believe that the key to a successful career lies in the satisfaction one derives from one’s work. This essay will discuss both views in detail and argue why it is more important to have a satisfying job.
On the one hand, some people opine that having a permanent job is essential even if it is not as fulfilling as one wants it to be. They are more inclined towards making a living without thinking about the long-term purpose. For instance, a daily-wage worker is more focused on earning his bread and butter rather than worrying about the amount of labor that needs to be put in as he has only one goal and that is is to feed his family. Overall, being able to work and generate income is itself a blessing for these people.
On the other hand, many others, especially youngsters like me, believe that having a satisfying job which not only provides complete autonomy but also makes one feel valued is more important. It is not worth doing a job which does not provide full contentment. If one has the required skills and abilities, one should not compromise and work for a less satisfying job. For example, one of my friends switched 3 jobs in the last two years before finally settling for the one which offers him complete fulfillment and enables him to unleash his full potential at work.
To sum up, while a permanent job is crucial for many people to sustain themselves, I firmly believe that to have a satisfying job is way more important as it allows the employee to work to the best of his abilities. Of course, seeking job satisfaction is an unrealistic goal for people who have to worry about putting food on the table.
- Some People Argue That Job Satisfaction Is More Important Than Job Security | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample | Is job satisfaction important?
- As Most People Spend A Major Part Of Their Adult Life At Work, Job Satisfaction Is An Important Element Of Individual Wellbeing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Is Job Satisfaction More Important Than Salary?
- Job Satisfaction Is An Important Element Of Individual Well-being | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay about the importance of job satisfaction
- Big Salary Is More Important Than Job Satisfaction | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Argue That Free Public Transportation Should Be Available In Major Cities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Argue That Arts Are A Waste Of Money | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think Young People Should Choose Their Professions Themselves | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample