Some Parents Prefer To Have Their Children Raised By Their Grandparents | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some parents prefer to have their children raised by their grandparents. Some prefer to raise them on their own. Which would you prefer and why? Include specific details and examples to support.
Here is a band 8 essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Many people believe that kids should be raised by their parents while there are some who believe that children should be raised by their grandparents. In my opinion it is better for children to be raised by both parents and grandparents because parenting requires a great deal of time and some special skills and it is not always possible for young parents to possess them both. Personally I would like to raise my children on my own but I will also very much appreciate the help of my parents.
Parents are certainly more responsible than grandparents for raising children. However, several lines of evidence suggest that working parents find it difficult to manage both work and family due to their busy schedule. They will certainly benefit if their parents are around to take care of their babies. Also most parents are more comfortable about leaving their children in the care of their grandparents than in a day care home. This is because grandparents are naturally fond of their grandchildren and will take great care to ensure their wellbeing. Also grandparents are better than parents at inculcating values in young children. Needless to say, children who grow up under the foster care of their grandparents tend to be more family oriented and compassionate.
On the other hand, grandparents alone cannot take good care of the children. To start with, most of them tend to be overindulgent. They will often go out of their way to satisfy every whim and fancy of their grandparents. This kind of pampering may hurt the overall development of their children. Parents, by contrast, are more likely to set limits and enforce a code of conduct. Also in most families parents tend to be more educated than grandparents and hence they are better at helping the children with their homework and studies.
To conclude, in my opinion, both parents and grandparents have an equal role to play in the development of children. If grandparents help with the raising of their grandchildren life will be a lot less stressful for busy working parents. In the end, this arrangement will benefit all.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some Working Parents Think Children Should Be Sent To Child Care Centres | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Is it good for children to be brought up by their grandparents?
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Sending Kids to Childcare Centres Is Better Than Leaving Them in the Care of Their Grandparents
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Grandparents Provide Better Care Than Day Care Centres
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Grandparents Vs. Day Care Centres
- IELTS Essay: What effects do traveling parents have on their children?
- Teachers Are More Responsible Than Parents For The Intellectual And Social Development Of Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children To Be Good Members Of The Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Parents Should Limit The Time Children Can Watch TV | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Children Do Not Respect Parents