Some Parents Believe Watching TV And Playing Computer Games Should Be Substituted By Book Reading | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some parents believe that watching TV and playing computer games should be limited and substituted by book reading. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Find essay organisation ideas and writing tips on our Youtube Channel.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Many parents insist that the access to electronic media for children should be restricted and they should be encouraged to read books in their free time. I completely agree with this proposition and in this essay, I will explain the demerits of spending an excessive amount of time on electronic gadgets and the merits of book reading.
To start with, when children spend an excessive amount of time watching television or playing computer games, it has a negative impact on their health and psychology. First and foremost, it weakens the eye-sight of children. The reason is the blue rays which come out of all the electronic devices and if kids watch such devices for a very long time, it will affect their eye-sight. Furthermore, some cartoon shows on TV and video games make children more aggressive and ill-mannered. For instance, playing games on Xbox that involve fighting can influence children to be violent in real life. Similarly, some cartoon shows can teach them improper language. Therefore, parents must limit the kids’ screen time.
Instead of engaging children on electronic devices, elders should persuade them to read books as it has numerous benefits. Firstly, the book reading habit would improve language skills. When someone starts reading, he or she will come across vast vocabulary and get to learn proper grammar. This way the command over language strengthens. Simultaneously, the knowledge of different subjects increases when the child reads more. More significantly, reading books will enhance the imaginative capabilities of a child. The reason behind this is that in books, the situations of the story are described in words and to understand that a reader has to imagine the background and this mental exercise improves their creativity.
In conclusion, the advice to cut down children’s screen time and replace it by book reading time is reasonable because too much access to electronic media will harm children’s eyesight as well as inculcate bad habits in them. However, motivating them towards book reading will not only improve their knowledge and language but will also develop their imagination power.
- What Are The Negative Impacts Of Playing Computer Games On Children | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Watching TV or playing video games affect the intellectual development of children
- Today Many Children Spend A Lot Of Time Playing Computer Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Today Many Children Spend A Lot Of Time Playing Computer Games And Little Time On Sports | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample | Traditional Reading is better than the digital reading. Do you agree or disagree?
- Some People Think Playing Computer Games Is Bad For Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Parents Believe That Reading Books For Entertainment Is A Waste Of Time For Children |Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Are computer games bad for children?
- Many Parents Believe That Reading Entertainment Books Is A Waste Of Time | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Today Many Children Spend A lot Of Time Playing Computer Games | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample