Some Of The Methods Used In Advertising Are Unethical And Unacceptable | Band IELTS Essay Sample
Some of the methods used in advertising are unethical and unacceptable in today’s society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS Essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is often argued that techniques used for marketing/promoting products are egregious and insensitive and have a negative impact on the society. This essay agrees with this statement because ads often display vulgar content and claim unproven benefits of the products.
To begin with, many advertising companies air visual advertisements of the adult products throughout the day, especially on the highly rated channels which are watched by the entire family. Such advertisements must be displayed only during school timings and post 12:00 AM, since by that time most of the children are asleep. Adult contents when viewed by the child have a negative impact on their mind which might change their way of thinking.
Secondly, many firms target small children to increase their sales. They lure them by giving free toys with the product. For example, many junk food companies put a tiny toy within the packet and highlight the toy in the commercials of those food products. Children buy them just because they want the toy. They also consume the junk without knowing that it is harmful for their health.
Ads also make false claims. For example, many ads claim to make people fairer or slimmer. There are also some health drinks that claim that their product will make kids taller and smarter. However, such claims are unsubstantiated. Yet, marketers resort to them to sell their products.
To conclude, media agencies advertise inappropriate content during prime time, make false claims in their commercials and use children to boost their sales. In my opinion, such strategies must be discouraged.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Some Of The Methods Used In Advertising Are Unethical And Unacceptable In Today’s Society | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Methods Used In Advertising Are Unethical | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That Advertising Has Negative Effects On Consumers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about the positive and negative aspects of advertising
- If You Sell A Product And People Buy It, There Is No Need To Advertise It | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | The popularity of consumer goods is a reflection of the power of advertising
- The High Sales Of Popular Consumer Goods Reflect The Power Of Advertising | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Sale Of Popular Consumer Goods Reflect The Power Of Advertising | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Percentage Of Overweight Children In Western Society Has Increased By Almost 20% | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Write Product Reviews And Opinions About Services Online | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample