Some Methods Used In Advertising Are Unethical | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some of the methods used in advertising are unethical and unacceptable in today’s society. To what extent do you agree with this view?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Advertising methods nowadays make use of immoral and inappropriate content. Although commercials play an important role in product marketing, I completely agree with the argument that some of the advertisements use inappropriate ways of promotion.
To begin with, some of the adverts spread / show false information about the product resulting in customer dissatisfaction. Some commercials such as fairness and skin creams try to lure the customers by making false claims but when they use these products, they do not get satisfactory results. In addition to this, some of the ads use stunts and other pernicious activities to influence people. Although these kinds of commercials target customers of all ages, their influence / impact on youngsters is the highest. Consequently, the children want to purchase these products and try to imitate the stunts shown in the commercial at home. For example, by showing dangerous car and bike stunts in the Thumps Up commercial, this company is casting the negative impression on the minds of youngsters that by consuming this drink, anyone would be capable of performing dangerous stunts.
Furthermore, some of the advertisements contain vulgar and obscene content that can badly influence the young minds and force them to go astray. In addition to this, by using child actors in fast food, cold-drinks and chocolate commercials, these companies try to attract the children. As a result, youngsters nowadays consume more fast food, cold-drinks and chocolates instead of home cooked meal. Moreover, due to the all pervasive commercials, there is an increase in the financial burden on parent’s shoulders because they have to put up with the demands of their children. To exemplify this, by getting influenced by the Sony Play station advert, my cousin forced my uncle to purchase it for him. After a lot of arguments, my uncle gave in and he had to buy that play station to his son.
In conclusion, I reiterate that some companies use inappropriate and unethical ways to advertise their products and this practice results in consumer dissatisfaction and detrimental impacts on children and individuals.
- IELTS essay about the positive and negative aspects of advertising
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Ads encourage people to buy things they don’t want
- IELTS essay sample: Advertisements targeting young children should be banned
- IELTS essay sample | The popularity of consumer goods is a reflection of the power of advertising
- IELTS essay: Compare the advantages and disadvantages of different mediums for car advertisements
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Marketing And Promotion Are Crucial To The Success Of A Business
- Band 7 essay sample: Friends’ influence over young people
- IELTS Essay: Some people believe that advertisements targeting children have negative effect on them
- Band 9 IELTS Sample About Factory Farming And Scientific Creation Of Fruits And Vegetables
- People Are Buying Products Of Large Businesses. What Problems Does This Cause | IELTS Essay Sample