Some Governments Control The Number Of Children Someone Can Have Through Taxes | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Some governments say how many children a family can have in their country. They may control the number of children someone has through taxes. It is sometimes necessary and right for a government to control the population in this way. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Controlling the burgeoning human population is the need of the hour. The global population is expected to cross 11.2 billion by the end of the 21st century and but according to statistics the earth cannot sustain more than 10 billion people. That means there is an urgent need to control the population growth. Some governments have already set a limit to the number of children a family can have and those who violate this rule are required to pay tax on the extra children. In my opinion, this is a viable measure that governments all over the world can implement.
To start with, imposing a tax on children who exceed the permitted number will send the right message to people. It will force lower and middle class families to limit the number of children they have. Affluent parents will also be influenced by this move because they will not want to expend their money in taxes for more children. The government can use the money thus collected for public welfare schemes.
Levying a tax on every second or third child will also indirectly make people realize the burden of population on the society. Parents will realize that every additional child destabilizes their financial security and hurts the economy of the nation. What’s more, this way of controlling the population sounds less harsh. Measures such as population awareness campaigns, celebrity endorsement and education programmes in schools are rather soft and ineffective. On the other hand, stringent steps such as forcible sterilization and a strict one child policy may outrage the citizens.
In summary, I believe that imposing taxes on children who exceed the permitted limit is an effective and rightful measure to control the population growth. It will convey the message that a family can have additional children only at their own expense.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some Governments Say How Many Children A Family Can Have | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some people argue higher taxes should be collected from industries causing higher industrial pollution | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | People Have More Responsibilities Than Paying Taxes
- Band 7.5 IELTS Report Sample | India China Population
- Some People Think That Higher Taxes Should Be Collected From Industries Causing Higher Industrial Pollution | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Obesity Is Increasing Among Children
- Some Working Parents Think Children Should Be Sent To Child Care Centres | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: Should governments invite foreign companies to open branches?
- Punishment Is Necessary To Help Children Learn The Difference Between Right And Wrong | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Public Art Should Be Funded By Governments | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample