Some Feel That It Is A Waste Of Time To Plan For The Future And It Is More Important To Focus On The Present | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some feel that it is a waste of time to plan for the future and it is more important to focus on the present. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is often argued that spending time on future planning is not fruitful and instead, one should give precedence to working for the present. I completely disagree with this point of view and will discuss my perspective in detail in this essay.
To begin with, planning for future is like giving a direction to the life. If one has not spent time for goal setting, it is equivalent to living a meaningless life. The activities in the present highly depend on what one wants to achieve in the future. For example, students with a goal of securing admission to one of the top engineering institutes, start their preparations well in advance. Thus, it is conclusively clear that spending time on future planning is imperative to one’s life.
Additionally, investing time in planning for what is ahead in the life is very crucial. The conditions today are highly uncertain, and one needs stability in life both financially and health wise. Failing to plan ahead could be extremely detrimental to one’s life. For instance, when the pandemic struck, many daily wage earners became unemployed which affected not only their living but also their capacity to spend money on their health. Conversely, people who invested the time and money on savings, benefited from their wise decisions. Therefore, it is quite essential for anyone to allocate their time to future planning activities.
In conclusion, despite being a supporter of spending time for future planning, I am not vehemently opposed to enjoying the present. However, calling the future planning a waste of time is completely inappropriate as it gives direction to one’s life and saves them from the uncertainties they may have to face in the future.
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Consider Planning For The Future To Be A Waste Of Time
- Some People Consider Thinking About And Planning For The Future To Be A Waste Of Time | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Consider Thinking About And Planning For The Future To Be A Waste Of Time | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Prefer To Plan The Activities For Their Free Time Carefully | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That It Is A Good Idea To Have A Detailed Plan For Leisure Time Activities | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS writing test in India: Should people plan for their retirement?
- Average Standard Of People’s Health Is Likely To Be Lower In The Future Than It Is Now | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Simple Present Or Present Continuous Tense Exercise
- Many People Think That We Have To Focus On The Extinction Of Certain Animal Species | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Average Standard Of People’s Health Is Likely To Be Lower In The Future | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample