Some Businesses Find That Their New Employees Lack Basic Interpersonal Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some businesses find that their new employees lack basic interpersonal skills such as cooperative skills. What are the causes? Suggest possible solutions.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Some employers feel that basic soft skills such as effective cooperative skills are missing in their new recruits. This is mainly because schools do not give enough importance to developing such skills. Parental pressure to achieve good grades also prevents students from acquiring soft skills. There are some solutions to this problem. For example, the importance of extracurricular activities should be increased and various interactive learning programs should be implemented in schools and colleges.
First of all, schools these days focus only on academic results rather than developing interpersonal skills such as time management, team spirit and communication skills in children. Secondly, children undergo a lot of pressure from parents to get a good grade with no weightage given to such skills. Many people believe that students with good grades will succeed in life and soft skills are insignificant. Consequently, no importance is given to developing them especially during childhood when they are more likely to pick them up. If children are encouraged to participate in debates and other extra-curricular activities, they will grow up into professionals with good people skills.
Moreover, employers can help employees who lack interpersonal skills by introducing some learning and developmental programs at their company. For example, knowledge sessions, professional training campaigns, classes to develop cooperative and managerial skills are implemented by various companies to support their new employees.
In conclusion, some businesses find interpersonal skills missing in their employees. This is mainly because at school and college, the emphasis is on improving academic grades. By making people skills an important part of the school curriculum and offering learning sessions for employees, this problem can be resolved to a great extent.
- Some Businesses Find That Their Employees Lack Basic Interpersonal Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Employers Find That Their New Employees Lack In Basic Interpersonal Skills | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Many Employees Lack Interpersonal Skills
- IELTS essay sample about fresh graduates lacking interpersonal skills
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Completing university education is thought by some to be the best way to get a good job. On the other hand, other people think that getting experience and developing soft skills is more important.
- There Are Some People Who Think That Schools Should Teach Children Specific Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Young Employees Have More Skills And Knowledge Than Old Employees | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Are social skills becoming more important than academic skills?
- In Some European Countries, Some Children Go To Schools To Learn More Practical Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about declining handwriting skills