Some Believe That The Best Way To Stay Fit Is To Join A Gym Or Health Club | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Some believe that the best way to stay fit is to join a gym or health club while others think doing everyday activities such as walking and climbing stairs is enough. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Some people opine that in order to stay fit, it is essential to join a health club. Others insist that doing everyday activities and going for a walk or jog should be enough. In my opinion, it depends on the fitness goals of the person. If staying healthy and having a reasonably attractive frame is the goal, leading a physically active lifestyle is enough. However, hitting the gym is the only option if a person wants to stay healthy and achieve that perfect body with washboard abs.
Whether or not a person should join a fitness centre depends on their fitness goals. These days, a lot of people are conscious of their body. They get inspired by models and athletes and want to have perfect bodies like theirs. It is not possible to achieve this without joining a gymnasium and making adequate changes to the lifestyle and dietary habits. The perfect body with zero fat is not a natural phenomenon and as such it is not possible to achieve it by doing everyday activities alone.
On the other hand, if a person only wants to stay healthy and eliminate excess body fat, they do not really have to work out every day. Walking to the bus stop, taking the stairs of the office and doing errands on foot will burn the excess calories and help them to stay in shape. A lot of people actually have physically demanding jobs. For example, door to door salesmen have to do a lot of walking. Likewise, some jobs involve the lifting of weights. People who engage in such jobs are unlikely to have to do anything extra to achieve fitness.
In conclusion, joining a fitness studio is not mandatory for everyone who wants to be healthy. However, if their requirement is to achieve body transformation, intense workouts and proper supervision is a must and they will have to join a gym.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- People Are Less Fit And Active Now Than In The Past | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Balanced Diet Is The Key For Good Health | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That The Best Way To Improve Public Health Is By Increasing The Number Of Sports Facilities | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Going To A Fitness Centre Regularly Is Unnecessary | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health | IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay sample | Should women join armed forces?
- The Best Way To Improve Health Is To Do Regular Exercise | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay sample | Government should take measures to improve people’s health
- Band 7.5 essay sample | The government should ensure that people stay healthy
- The Number Of People Who Are At Risk Of Serious Health Problems Due To Being Overweight Is Increasing | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample