Some Believe That People Should Not Continue To Work Once They Reach The Age Of Retirement | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some believe that people should not continue to work once they reach the age of retirement. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include relevant examples from your experience.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some people feel that people should not after their retirement. It is their strong ideology that people should not work when they reach their retirement age. I disagree with this opinion for several reasons. We will look at some of the reasons here.
People work to earn money, so that they can satisfy their needs. These necessities range from food, education and hobbies. Moreover, people also need to support their children financially in their early years. Such necessities may vary as people grow old, but are still important for their existence. Although people can invest in pension schemes to address these necessities during their retirement years, they are not always able to do so because they may have debts or their savings may not be adequate.
With the growing cost of education and real estate, one incurs a significant amount of debt, repayment of which takes years. The ability to continue to work after retirement for a few years helps tide over these crises allowing older people to start reaping the benefits of pension at an appropriate time. I observed that after retirement one of my uncles had to lease out his farm to pay off his loans.
With the advent of medical technology and the health consciousness today, people no longer face the chronic health issues of old age. We see sixty year olds healthy enough to continue working. Also, many old people prefer to work rather than stay home after retirement. A recent survey was conducted which showed people in the age bracket of sixty to sixty five expressing their desire to continue working and contributing to the economy. They are of the opinion that retirement strictly should be a personal choice instead of an arbitrary age limit cut-off.
In conclusion, it is my opinion that people have the right to work till the age they are comfortable. They eventually will have to retire but it should be done for reasons concerning their health and economic considerations.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some Believe That People Should Not Continue To Work Once They Reach The Age Of Retirement | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Should Not Continue Work After They Reach Age Of Retirement | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Having A Set Retirement Age For All Employees Is Unfair | Band 8 IELTS Essay Samples
- Band 8.5 Essay Sample About Fixed Retirement Age
- IELTS writing test in India: Should people plan for their retirement?
- Having A Set Retirement Age For All Is Not Fair | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample About Early Retirement
- Nowadays Some Old People Choose To Live In The Retirement Communities With Other People | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Are Living Longer So The Retirement Age Should Be Raised | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample About Fixed Retirement Age For All