Shops Are Open 24 Hours A Day 7 Hours A Week | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some shops are open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Do you think it is a good thing for the customer, the shop staff and the company as a whole?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
These days, many stores serve people round the clock. In my opinion, this is a positive development which provides a plethora of benefits to the customers, the workforce and the businesses themselves. This essay will discuss the positive aspects of this approach in detail.
To begin with, there are many compelling reasons to believe that 247 retail stores provide many benefits. Primarily, people can get food and other essential items whenever they want. This makes their lifestyle better and healthier because many food outlets offer healthy and scrumptious meals at the same price throughout the day. This is a blessing for busy professionals who often work odd hours. Gone are the days when people worked during the day and slept at night. Now, thanks to globalization many business establishments work round the clock. When retail stores also remain open 24 hours a day 7 days a week, they can serve people working in night shifts better.
Employment generation is another benefit of this development. When stores work 247, they need more staff. This creates employment opportunities for many people. Staff can also work overtime and earn higher salaries. Businesses also benefit a lot. By serving customers round the clock, they are able to generate higher revenues. Studies have shown that outlets that are open throughout the day and night have higher profits than outlets that serve customers only during the day.
To conclude, when shops remain open throughout the day, they benefit the community, the workers and the businesses. Hence, in my opinion, this trend is largely positive.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 essay sample: Should governments invite foreign companies to open branches?
- Band 8 letter sample: Complaint letter
- IELTS essay about supermarkets and small shops
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Local Shops Are Closing Down Because Of Supermarkets
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some Employers Want To Be Able To Contact Their Employees At All Times
- The Performance Of Staff Can Have A Significant Impact On The Success Of A Company | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries It Is Common For Families To Run Their Own Business | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays, The Way People Interact With Each Other Has Changed | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Areas Of The US, Teenagers Are Not Allowed To Be Out Of Door After A Particular Time Of Night | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Areas Of The US Teenagers Are Not Allowed To Be Out Of Doors After a Particular Time At Night | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample