Shopping Is The Favourite Pastime For Most Of The Young People | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Shopping is the favorite pastime for most of the young people. Why do you think this is the case? Do you think they should be encouraged to do some useful activities in their free time?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Find essay organisation ideas and writing tips on our Youtube channel.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Shopping has become an indispensable part of youngsters’ leisure life. I attribute this phenomenon mainly to the ubiquitous awareness campaigns launched by public media and in my opinion, the younger generation ought to spend their spare time on meaningful activities.
The mass media is one of the major reasons for shopping addiction in the modern society. To improve the publicity and sales of products, most entrepreneurs have invested abundant funds in producing engaging advertisements on TVs, cell phones and the Internet to promote the culture of consumerism among the buyers, and as such more potential consumers are attracted and convinced to purchase unnecessary commodities out of impulse. A recent survey conducted by the magazine Fashion indicates that no other factors have had a greater impact on the promotion of cosmetics among female clients than celebrities, and that even an indecisive shopper is willing to pay more for goods endorsed by renowned figures.
Having saying that, I strongly call on young individuals to devote their free time to some meaningful and beneficial hobbies. Instead of wasting enormous time in shopping malls, people / youngsters can lead a much healthier life by engaging themselves in physical activities, such as tennis and basketball, which not only help them get rid of obesity and maintain the body in a good shape, but also is an effective way to broaden their network. For instance, artificial intelligence has recently become such a popular emerging technology that those who have immersed themselves into learning cutting edge knowledge after work are more likely to find better jobs and enhance their career prospects. What’s more, excessive shopping will most probably land them in serious debt. Also, it is bad for the environment. When people buy things they do not need, they will eventually discard them and then they will end up in landfills.
In conclusion, while it is true that teenagers are getting attracted towards frequent shopping, they ought to be inspired to spend their spare time wisely on more meaningful things that are beneficial to their career and physical health.
- Shopping Is The Favourite Pastime For Most Of The Young People | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Shopping Is The Favourite Pastime For Most Of The Young People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Young People Nowadays Regard Shopping As A Hobby | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 6.5 essay | Young people spend their time in shopping malls
- Band 6.5 essay samples: Online shopping has become more popular than in-store shopping
- Nowadays, Online Shopping Is Replacing Physical Shopping In Stores | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Shopping Is Now One Of The Most Popular Forms Of Leisure Activity For Young Adults | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Many people go shopping in their free time
- Nowadays many young people are attracted to dangerous sports | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Shopping Is Now One Of Most Popular Forms Of Leisure Activity | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample