Scientists And Technology Experts Seem To Be More Valued By Modern Society Than Musicians And Artists | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Scientists and technology experts seem to be more valued by modern society than musicians and artists. To what extent do you agree?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic? Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, professionals working in the field of science and technology enjoy more respect than artists or musicians. I agree with this view and in my opinion this trend will continue unless the career prospects of artists improve.
Unlike science and technology, the art sector does not offer many employment opportunities. Actually, there are only a handful of artists who make a decent living from their profession. Most painters, singers and dancers are struggling to make both ends meet because they do not have enough platforms to showcase their talent. Art continues to be an entertainment form that people can enjoy in their leisure time and artists remain strugglers for life with no steady source of income. Despite the fact that they invested countless years for polishing their skill, many of them need another source of income to live comfortably.
By contrast, science and technology offer plenty of opportunities. New inventions emerge almost every day and students who pursue a course in science and technology have guaranteed job opportunities. Obviously, people working in these fields enjoy more respect. While it is true that it requires the same amount of hard work and dedication for a scientist and an artist to achieve recognition in their respective fields, an artist earns considerably lower than a scientist. Because of this reason, most parents discourage their children from pursuing art at university. Actually, in almost all schools, art is considered as an extracurricular activity and only about one or two hours are allocated for teaching this subject in a week. Needless to say, children grow up thinking that there is no future in arts.
In conclusion, it is true that scientists and engineers enjoy more respect than an artist. This is mainly due to the low earning potential of artists. While there are a few extremely successful singers or artists who earn exceptionally well, the vast majority of art professionals are struggling to get by. As long as this situation prevails the social standing of artists will not improve.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS sample essay: Are artists more popular than scientists?
- Most Artists Earn Low Salaries And Should Receive Funding From The Government | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Modern Technology Is Increasing The Gap Between The Rich And The Poor | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Are artists valuable to society?
- More Artists Earn Low Salaries And Hence The Government Should Support Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some people think that artists should be given total freedom | Band 8.5 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 essay sample: In some countries old people are more valued
- Many Artists Earn Low Salaries And Therefore Should Receive Funding From The Government | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Artists Should Receive Government Aid
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Universities Should Only Teach Science And Technology