Scientific And Technological Information Should Be Shared Freely | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that it is good to share as much information as possible in scientific research, business and the academic world. Others believe that some information is too important or too valuable to be shared freely. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 9 essay on this topic. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Knowledge is wealth and when it is shared its value multiplies. While some people support the free sharing of scientific, academic and business information, in my opinion, some information has to be safeguarded.
There are both benefits and drawbacks to sharing information freely. To begin with, information related to medical research can save lives. For example, the swine flu vaccine saved thousands of lives. If the researchers who developed this vaccine had not shared it with others, thousands of people would have perished. In the same way, information related to new technologies should also be shared because it has the power to improve the lives of people. Take, for instance, the case of the internet. It would not have become such a huge success if only a few countries had access to it. Today, the internet connects billions of people living across the world. It enables tens of thousands of small entrepreneurs to earn a living by selling their products or services to buyers all over the world. Needless to say, the sharing of information certainly has many benefits.
However, some information cannot be shared because it will endanger the lives of people. For example, information regarding the nuclear weapons or military of a country cannot be shared with others. If enemy countries gain access to that information, it can hurt the security of people living in that country.
To conclude, there are certainly many benefits to sharing useful information with others. However, sensitive information pertaining to the safety and security of a country and its people cannot and should not be shared with others.
- Band 8 essay sample | Should employees share personal information with the employer?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Are Asking For Too Much Personal Information
- IELTS Essay: Technological innovations have affected our lives. Do you agree or disagree?
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Books Are Becoming Less Important As A Source Of Information
- IELTS essay sample | Government should only fund scientific research
- IELTS essay: Is television a better source of information than traveling?
- Band 9 essay sample | The internet is not a reliable source of information
- In the last 20 years there have been significant developments in the field of information technology | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Scientific Research should be carried out and controlled by the government rather than private companies
- Band 8 letter sample | Asking for information about part-time jobs in a foreign country