Schools Are Spending More Time Teaching The Traditional Skills | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Schools are spending more time teaching the traditional subjects such as History. Some people think they should rather spend more time in teaching skills which can help students to get a job. To what extent you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Follow us on Youtube for IELTS writing tips and lessons.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some people argue that schools spend too much time to teach subjects like history; in their opinion, it is more important to impart practical skills that can help students find good jobs in future. I completely agree with this opinion because learning skills that improve the job worthiness of students is far more important than learning history.
First and foremost, studying these job-oriented skills helps students to be more confident in their fields. Consequently, they find it easy to get employed and perform well in their professions. In other words, the more they learn, the more they can apply that knowledge to their practical life. For instance, courses that emphasise on practical or vocational skills better equip students for the workplace. By contrast, those who major in history have fewer job opportunities. While history is certainly essential to learn about our past, it is not a subject that prepares students for the workplace and as such it should not be given too much importance in the curriculum.
Likewise, we are now living in an age where communication skills have become quite important. Still, very few schools focus on developing these skills. Consequently, when students enter the workplace they struggle to efficiently communicate with their teammates and this hurts their productivity. Obviously, teaching skills that make students more employable is far more important than teaching them about the past.
To conclude, it is vital that educational institutions, especially high schools, add some skill learning courses into the curriculum and reduce the emphasis on subjects like history and geography because the ultimate aim of education is equipping students with skills required to earn a livelihood.
- Band 9 essay sample | Should schools teach traditional subjects like history?
- Schools Should Spend More Time Teaching Skills That Can Help Students Get A Job | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Schools are giving too much importance to traditional subjects like history
- Band 6 essay sample | Schools spend too much time teaching subjects like history
- In Some European Countries, Some Children Go To Schools To Learn More Practical Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Universities Should Not Teach Art Subjects | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Children Should Study Academic Subjects At School; Others Believe That Practical Subjects Are More Important | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Schools Should Prepare Students For University Rather Than For Work | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | The Government Should Allot More Funds For The Teaching Of Science
- Band 7 essay sample | Schools should not waste time teaching subjects like drawing