Restricting Air Travel Is The Only Way To Prevent Air Pollution | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Restricting air travel is the only way to prevent air pollution. Do you agree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Air travel is considered to be one of the main causes of air pollution. Some people believe that reducing the number of flights is the only way to address the problem. I completely disagree with that belief because aeroplanes are not the biggest polluters. Of course, they pollute but reducing their frequency is unlikely to have any real impact on air quality.
Decreasing the frequencies of aeroplanes is unlikely to help because the fewer planes that are still flying will continue to emit fumes. This means air pollution will still occur. In addition, if flights are not avavilable, people who use domestic airlines to travel within the country will be tempted to use their car. Cars, especially, those running on fossil fuels cause considerable pollution. In other words, air pollution levels will remain more or less the same even if air travel is restricted
What’s more, other causes of air pollution such as factories and automobiles will continue to emit harmful gases into the atmosphere. As a result, the decline in the number of airplanes will not prevent air pollution. For instance, according to Green Peace, the airplanes contribute to about 33% of air pollution and other factors such as industries and vehicles contribute to 35% and 30% respectively. Therefore, decreasing the number of flights will not prevent air-pollution as other factors will remain unaffected by that step.
In conclusion, I completely disagree with the argument that the restriction of air travel is will improve air quality because aeroplanes are not the only source of air pollution. If other factors such as the burning of fossil fuels continue unabated, we will not see any real improvement in air quality even if we reduce the number of flights.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample About Air Travel And Air Pollution
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Restricting Air Travel Is The Only Way To Reduce Air Pollution
- Air Travel Should Be Restricted Because It Causes Pollution | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Government Should Reduce Pollution and Improve Housing to Prevent People from Falling Ill
- IELTS essay sample | Government should increase tax in air travel
- An International Car Free Day Is A Solution To Air Pollution | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Air And Water Pollution Has Become A Major Problem In Many Developing Countries | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about increasing air and water pollution in developing nations
- Some People Think That Higher Taxes Should Be Collected From Industries Causing Higher Industrial Pollution | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | The Effective Way To Reduce Industrial Pollution Is To Tax The Companies That Cause Them