Researching And Treating Diseases Is Too Costly So It Would Be Better To Invest In Preventive Measures | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
“Prevention is better than cure”. Researching and treating diseases is too costly so it would be better to invest in preventive measures. To what extent do you agree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, there is a growing concern regarding people’s health and the cost of recovery. A few people are of the opinion that investment in research and development of medicines is exorbitantly high and hence / for this reason, it is more beneficial for people to focus on precautionary measures.
In my view, preventive actions alone do not guarantee good health; consequently, expenditure on treatments is vital, as it works as another means of preventing death for people who have serious health complications. Firstly, the environment is highly unpredictable. One has little control over new diseases and viruses. For example, Covid-19 was first detected in the beginning of 2020 and even the fittest of all fell prey to this disease. Therefore, research and development of cures are crucial as mere diet and exercise do not ensure people’s safety, especially during pandemics.
Secondly, depending on precautionary measures alone is not pragmatic. Many people are born with diseases that are passed on with their genes. For example, asthma and diabetes are becoming more prominent with each passing day and most profound way of catching these diseases is from one’s genes. Such issues not only have long-term impact on human body but also restrict one from various pleasures of life. To encapsulate, to aid people who has little control over their health, investment in developing cures is crucial.
To recapitulate, diseases are extremely dynamic. While it is pivotal to look after one’s health, investment in medicines and vaccines should be equally important.
- Researching And Treating Diseases Is Too Costly So It Would Be Better To Invest In Preventive Measures | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Researching And Treating Diseases Is Too Costly | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Prevention Is Better Than Cure. Researching And Treating Diseases Is Too Costly | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Currently, There Is A Trend Towards The Use Of Alternative Forms Of Medicines | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Merits and demerits of researching one’s family history
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Prevention Is Better Than Cure
- More And More People Are Suffering From Health Problems Caused By Modern Lifestyle Which Cannot Be Cured With Modern Medicines | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay sample | Government should take measures to improve people’s health
- IELTS essay about government taking measures to improve people’s health
- Prevention Is Better Than Cure | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample