Recently You Saw An Article In A Newspaper About A City You Know | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
Recently you saw an article in newspaper/journal about a city/town you know and some of the information in the article was incorrect. Write a letter to the editor regarding this. In your letter, you should tell: 1. How you know about the city/town 2. What information was incorrect 3. What the editor should do about this?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
Dear Sir or Madam,
My name is Gayathri and I am a student of Sivaji University, Pune. I recently read an article in your newspaper about the history of Maharashtra state. I am writing this letter to express my concern regarding a few points in the article which seem incorrect to me.
I was born and brought up in Pune city and I grew up by listening to the history of that place from my grandparents. In the article, you mentioned that the name of the mother of Sivaji was Puthali, which is incorrect. Moreover, the duration of his reign is given incorrectly. He lived in the 17th century and his mother’s name was Jijia Bhai.
I would really appreciate it, if you could reverify the aforementioned details and republish the article. I think it would be the best practice to do a thorough check before publishing these kinds of articles.
Expecting prompt action
- You Read An Article In A Newspaper About A City/Town | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Recently Read An Article In A Business Magazine About The Company You Work For | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Letter To The Editor Of A Newspaper Enquiring About An Old Friend | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- A Magazine Published Incorrect Information About Your Hometown | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Write A Letter To A Hotel Manager In Another City For An Upcoming 2-Day Business Trip | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Speaking part 2 | Talk about an article you read in the newspaper
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Letter To Your Manager Asking For Their Comments On Your Article
- You Have Seen An Advertisement For A Job Working In The City Museum Shop | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Saw An Advertisement For A Job Working In The City Museum Shop | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Recently Used The Services Of A Moving Company | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample