Plans Show A Public Park When It First Opened In 1920 And The Same Park Today | Band 7 IELTS Report Sample
The plans below show a public park when it first opened in 1920 and the same park today. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
Here is a band 7 IELTS report on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS report sample
The pictorial layouts show the difference in development at Grange Park since the park first opened in 1920 versus how it looks today.
Overall, the rectangular park continues to maintain the same shape and area as years ago. However, most features of the park have been altered substantially and replaced with newer facilities such as a cafe, a waterfall and an amphitheatre. In 1920, visitors could enter the garden through one of its two entrances, one to the north of the garden at Arnold Avenue and the other to the south towards Eldon Street. As one entered the garden from either entrances, they would arrive at the fountain which was in the center. To the left of the fountain was a stage for musicians, which was surrounded by rose gardens at the top and bottom along with seats towards the walls. The right hand-side of the garden was comparatively emptier to the other side. It consisted of a third rose garden towards the North West of Arnold Avenue. Alongside the rose garden, was a small sized pond for plants and seats next to it. A glasshouse was situated opposite the rose-garden on the other.
The current park looks impressively different. Not only does it include a raft of amenities internally, but also has an area developed for underground parking, which can be easily accessed through an entrance at the south-west of the park close to the waterfall. The center of the park dones a rose garden with seating on all four sides. To the left of the rose garden, is a semi circle amphitheatre constructed for concerts. On the other side of the park, the rose garden and the pond as seen in the 1920 layout has been repalced by a café and a children’s play area. Instead of the glasshouse the the park now has an attractive two-leveled water feature with water flowing from the top to the bottom. The developers have only retained only three features from the earlier layout, that is the, rose garden to the top left and the two points of entry.