People Especially Mothers Often Decide To Stay At Home To Take Care Of Family | Band 8 IELTS Esssy Sample
People especially mothers often decide to stay at home to look after their family instead of going to work. Do you think government should pay them the salary for it?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It has been witnessed many times that after childbirth most of the mothers opt to stay at home for better nurturing of their children. For handling such situations better, I think the government should pay some remuneration to such mothers for a limited period of a time.
Firstly, the government should consider helping the mothers financially as children’s vaccines are expensive; still they need to be administered because vaccines offer protection from many life-threatening diseases. Children are the future of the country and their well being cannot be compromised. Secondly, the mother also needs nutritious food to recover timely. The baby is completely dependent on mother’s feed for the first six months so it’s crucial that the mother stays healthy.
While it is important to consider the well being of the mother and the baby, it is unlikely that the government can pay the salary for a long time. The population of our country is on the higher side so it is difficult for the government for pay allowances for very long. Therefore, the government should set a certain age limit till when they can support. For instance, in countries like England and Germany the government pays child care allowances to the parents till the children turn eighteen years old. This way, the government can ensure that raising children does not become a burden for the parents.
Family is always the first priority of mothers and they are even willing to sacrifice their career for the sake of their children. The government should offer them support by providing monthly allowances so that at least the expenses of raising a baby are taken care of. In my opinion, such policies can help to enhance the standard of living of the citizens.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 8 essay sample: Stay-at-home dads
- Band 9 essay sample | The government should pay one of the parents to stay at home
- Some Working Parents Think Children Should Be Sent To Child Care Centres | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Grandparents Provide Better Care Than Day Care Centres
- IELTS essay: Who should pay for senior care?
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Grandparents Vs. Day Care Centres
- Some people think that the government should take care of disadvantaged people | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Sending Kids to Childcare Centres Is Better Than Leaving Them in the Care of Their Grandparents
- A family member is coming to stay with you | Informal IELTS letter sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people think that the government should decide the subject for students to study in university