People Believe That In Order To Reduce Road Accidents It Should Be Mandatory For Drivers To Take The Driving Test Every Three Years | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
People believe that in order to reduce road accidents it should be mandatory for drivers to retake the driving test every 3 years. Do you agree or disagree with the above statement?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Learn how to write an agree/disagree essay by watching this video tutorial.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Some people insist that the number of road mishaps will reduce / decline if the driving skills of drivers are tested every three years. I vehemently object to this idea. This essay intends to elucidate the reasons for my belief in the subsequent paragraphs, along with relevant illustrations.
The foremost reason for my disagreement with the given notion is that conducting a driving test every three years will not guarantee a decline in the number of road mishaps. This is because the best way to avoid such incidents is by being attentive and obeying all the rules and regulation set by authorities for drivers. For instance, it is commonly observed that most accidents occur when the driver does not follow the traffic rules or is not vigilant while driving. Thus, the presence of mind is of great importance to avoid road accidents, which cannot be developed by a person by taking the test regularly.
In addition, the second major reason for my discord is that testing drivers every three years is not only a waste of time, money and resources but also a difficult measure to implement. To illustrate, at present people who apply for driving licence usually have to wait for two to three months and even more to get it because of the significant number of applicants. So, if there are repetitive driving skill test the situation will get worse than it is today. Consequently, it will be difficult for both the government and the public to bear its cost.
To conclude and restate my opinion, it is clear that repetitive driving test is not an effective measure to control road mishaps. Therefore, I believe that such an approach will not bear fruitful result.
- Band 8 essay sample about increasing the minimum age for driving
- Band 9 essay sample: How to reduce the number of cars on the road
- Band 7 essay about driving age
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample |Driving Age Should Be Increased To 25
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Should Driving Age Be Increased To 25?
- Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample | Advise A Friend Who Is Going To Take Driving Lessons
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To A Friend Who Wants To Learn To Drive
- The Only Way To Reduce The Amount Of Traffic In Cities Is To Reduce The Need For People To Travel | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Road Access To City Hospital | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Letter To A Friend Who Is Interested In Learning To Drive