People Are Less Fit And Active Now Than In The Past | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
People are less fit and active nowadays than in the past, what are the reasons for this? What do you think can be done for it?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
In the modern world people are lethargic and more prone to diseases than the people in the past. The unprecedented developments in the field of science and technology have lead to so many inventions that the need for physical exertion / activity has reduced to a great extent. The only way to improve this situation is for people to focus on their fitness levels and to eat a balanced diet.
The older generation performed all the chores manually and this required them to use all parts of their body. Consequently, they enjoyed better fitness levels than the present generation. Apart from that the diet was also very basic and healthy which kept the bones stronger. For instance, my grandfather had a very good physique even at the age of ninety. His diet consisted of green vegetables, salads and chapatis. Every evening he used to go for a walk which helped him to stay fit.
Today’s generation is far more educated than those in the past so it gives them the opportunity to understand their body well and take care of it accordingly. People need to plan a healthy diet to get the required nutrition for the body and at the same time unhealthy junk food has to be avoided. Fast foods like pizzas and burgers are very popular but they harm the body in the long to their excessive content of oils and carbohydrates. Physical fitness can be taken care of by following simple lifestyle changes like using stairs in place of lift etc. Walking and exercising can also be included in the fitness regime.
It is rightly said that a healthy mind stays in a healthy body. If the body is ignored, the mind will automatically start getting affected which is an alarming situation for the entire body. Therefore, it is of utmost importance to take the necessary measures and stay fit.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Average Weight Of People Are Increasing | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Balanced Diet Is The Key For Good Health | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Kids today are not as fit as they were in the past
- Some People Argue That Healthcare Should Not Be Provided For Free | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay sample | Government should take measures to improve people’s health
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | People Are Becoming Obese
- Having A Set Retirement Age For All Is Not Fair | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS essay sample | The growing number of overweight people is putting a strain on the health care system
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Reading Keeps A Person’s Mind Active
- Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health | IELTS essay sample