Ordinary People Try To Copy Famous People | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Ordinary people try to copy famous people either reading magazines or watching TV. Why do they do this? Do you think it is a good idea to copy famous people?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
In this modern era, it has been witnessed that most of the common people seek to imitate popular celebrities by following them on media sources such as magazines and television. This essay will discuss the factors that encourage ordinary folks to imitate famous people. Personally, I think this is a bad tendency.
To begin with, there are several reasons for this craze among people to follow celebrities. One of the main reasons is that people get attracted to the lifestyle of celebrities and also want to achieve the same in their own daily life. For example, recently an Indian guy bought the same luxury car owned by his idol M.S. Dhoni thinking that this would help him grab attention. People also imitate celebrities to look more stylish and to gain more acceptance in the society. For example, celebrity hairstyles are a rage among young people.
Although this tread of copying famous personalities is very common, it is not really laudable. Imitating famous people can only bring temporary joy to the common people. On the other hand, a person might gain permanent happiness by exploring his/her own originality rather than copying the style of celebrities. Furthermore, if a person lives his life in his own way, it boosts his confidence which leads to greater success in his life.
To sum up, it is irrefutable that most of the people attempt to imitate well known personalities to improve their social status and to appear stylish. However, this trend is not appreciable as common people lose their originality by copying others.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay sample | Media is paying too much attention to famous people
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Celebrities Set Bad Examples For Young People
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | The Popularity Of Fashion Clothes Shows The Tendency Of Human Beings To Copy One Another
- Many Young People Nowadays Are Imitating Celebrities In Sports And Movies | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Celebrities Are Now More Famous For Glamour And Wealth | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Celebrities Are More Famous For Their Money And Glamour
- Famous People Sometimes Give Their Opinion On Public Issues | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe Famous People’s Support Towards International Organizations Draws Attention To Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays celebrities are mainly famous for their glamour and wealth | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Being a celebrity such as a famous film star or sports personality brings problems as well as benefits.