Nowadays People Are Affected By The Internet And Social Media | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays people are affected by social media and internet. Is it a good or bad trend in your opinion? Explain it by giving your own examples.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee. If grammar is your weak area we have got some grammar lessons here to help you avoid common mistakes.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
In the contemporary era, people are heavily influenced by the internet and social networking sites. Though this influence may be positive in terms of the virtual connectivity and better access to information, in my opinion, the internet and social media have a bigger negative impact. They make people inert and render age old traditions redundant.
Of course, technological innovations have benefitted people in many ways. People today can connect with those living at far off places and interact with them with unprecedented convenience. In older days, it was almost impossible to talk with one’s kith and kin living in foreign countries in the event of an emergency. Furthermore, the internet and social networking sites facilitate dissemination of any news or information rapidly. Any event which is happening in one part of the world can be seen / watched by people at the same time throughout the globe. For instance, social networking sites such as YouTube present live coverage of any significant event throughout the world. Even so, in my opinion, the internet and social media make people lonely and unhealthy and render customs and traditions obsolete.
I believe that Internet and social media encourage people to live in the virtual world and miss out on real personal interactions. This technology forces people to remain addicted to this form of social interaction. As a result, people avoid visiting parks, clubs and prefer solitude. This passive lifestyle gives rise to diseases such as hypertension, obesity etc. Furthermore, our age old traditions of greeting our family members and peers by visiting them physically have become obsolete. To illustrate, nowadays people send greetings on the birthdays of their family members and friends through Facebook.
In conclusion, although the internet and the social media improve virtual connectivity and communication, I believe that this technology has negatively impacted the health of the people and our age old traditions.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 essay sample: Social media addiction
- Social media is becoming increasingly popular among all age groups
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Many people believe that social networking sites such as Facebook have had a negative impact on both individuals and society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Social networking sites like Facebook have a negative impact on the society | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 Sample | Social Networking Sites Have a Negative Effect On Society
- IELTS Essay: Technological innovations have affected our lives. Do you agree or disagree?
- IELTS essay: Is internet good or bad?
- IELTS essay sample: Has gadgets affected the creativity of young people?
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Use And Abuse Of The Internet
- Band 8.5 essay | The advantages and disadvantages of the internet