Nowadays Many People Prefer To Use Their Own Cars To Commute Rather Than Buses And Trains | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays many people prefer to use their own cars to commute rather than buses and trains. Why do you think this is happening? What can the government do to change it?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
These days, an increasing number of people choose to commute using their private vehicles rather than public transport. There are several reasons why this is the case and this can actually pose a problem; however, the government can take several measures to tackle this problem.
To begin with, there are various reasons for people to commute by their private cars. First of all, their private cars are easily accessible and time efficient. They do not need to wait for buses and trains at stations which is time consuming. For instance, in Sudan, while people who use their own vehicle take only about 30 minutes to commute to work, those who use buses may end up spending over three hours on the road. This clearly shows that private cars are more reliable than buses and trains. In addition, it is convenient for people to travel using their own cars. They drive from their home to wherever they like to go and do not need to walk to stations to ride buses and trains.
However, this overdependence on private vehicles can cause traffic jams and air pollution. On the bright side, the government can take certain measures to tackle it. Firstly, they can limit the access of such cars to the downtown areas of cities in rush hours. For example, the Sudanese government put in place a regulation to limit the access of private cars to the downtown areas of the city of Khartoum. It turned out to be very effective in reducing the number of people commuting by their own cars. As a result, more and more people nowadays use buses and trains instead of private cars to commute. Furthermore, the government should consider providing public transport facilities for free or at nominal costs. This can significantly reduce the number of private cars on the streets. So, there are different measures that can be taken by the government.
To sum up, although it is evident why people commute using their own cars, the government can solve the problem. Denying access of private cars to downtown areas of cities and providing free public transportations can solve the problem.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- More And More People Use Private Cars Instead Of Talking The Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Some people believe that governments should invest in trains to solve traffic problems
- Most People Depend On Cars In Their Day To Day Life | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Why do people buy cars
- In A Number Of Countries, Some People Think It Is Necessary To Spend Large Sums Of Money On Constructing Railway Lines For Very Fast Trains | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More People In Developing Countries Are Buying Cars For The First Time | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: How to reduce the number of cars on the road
- IELTS essay: The usage of private cars is increasing. What are the problems associated with this?
- One Of The Best Ways To Solve Environmental Problems Is To Increase The Cost Of Fuel | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Government Should Improve Existing Public Transport Instead Of Investing In Super Fast Trains