Nowadays, It Is More Convenient And Easier For People To Travel To Other Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays, it is more convenient and easier for people to travel to other countries. Is this a positive or negative development?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
In recent times, cross-border traveling for the people has become easier than ever before. Traveling helps us to acquire knowledge and discover new things and ideas. Though convenient means of travel brings the people closer, it does have some downsides.
Our society has witnessed an enormous growth and development in the field of transport. Nowadays, traveling is cheaper and more comfortable and this allows us to see and experience different cultures more closely. Consequently, we are able to gain knowledge of other people. Traveling exposes people to differences in lifestyle, clothing, languages and food habits and convinces them that difference is perfectly normal. This makes people more tolerant. Traveling is also a great way for people to forget the banality of their mundane existence. It rejuvenates their mind and helps them recharge their batteries. Traveling also creates a lot of opportunities in the hospitality sector.
On the other hand, the rise in traveling does have some downsides. The main problem is that traveling, especially flying, is bad for environment. Travelers may also introduce new diseases to a place. For example, travelers often visit places where tribal people live. These people are not familiar with the viruses and bacteria affecting people in cities and towns. During their visit they may introduce these pathogens to them and they can be fatal for them. Conflicts between travelers and locals are another issue.
In short, the ease of traveling has certainly enabled more and more people to visit various places and learn about them. However, an increase in traveling also has consequences for the environment and it could even promote the spread of contagious diseases. Hence, in my opinion, traveling has both positive and negative aspects in equal measure.
- Some people think that to learn about other countries, they need to travel | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- People Can Know About Culture And Life Through Internet. So There Is No Need To Travel To Other Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Point Out That The Number Of International Travelers Is Decreasing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In The Future, More People Will Choose To Go On Holiday In Their Own Country | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays People Prefer To Visit Different Places Using The Internet | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That There Will Be A Reduction In Air Travel In The Future | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Is television a better source of information than traveling?
- Many People Nowadays Travel Abroad For Their University Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays Food Has Become Easier To Prepare | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Prefer To Travel By Car While Others Prefer To Take The Bicycle | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample