Nowadays It Is Common For People To Get Married And Have Children In Their Thirties | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays it is common for people to get married and have children in their thirties rather than when they are younger. Do you agree or disagree that this trend will benefit society?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
It is true that there has been a rise in the number of people who get married and have babies in their mid 30s and beyond. In my opinion, this is a beneficial practice because at this age most parents are financially stable and emotionally mature to raise their children properly and ensure a better future for them.
Most men and women do not earn well during the initial phase of their career. Hence, if young people get married in their 20’s and start a family immediately afterwards, they are more likely to run into financial difficulties. As a result, they will not be able to provide the best healthcare or education to their babies. This inability can actually make them feel inadequate and even affect their emotional wellbeing. This, in turn, will seriously affect the upbringing they can provide to their children. If parents are unhappy about their life and finances, they will never be able to raise happy kids.
By contrast, most adults in their 30’s already have a well-paying job. They are also mature enough to nurture a family. Consequently, when people get married and have babies at this age, they are fully prepared to deal with the challenges that come along with parenthood. For example, they are able to not only send their children to the best schools but also deal with their temper tantrums more patiently. This may not be possible for a 20-something father or mother who barely earns enough to put food on the table. Obviously, when people marry in their 30’s it benefits them as well as their children.
To conclude, financial stability and emotional maturity are vital for being a good parent; since young people in their 20’s may lack one or both of them, I feel that waiting until they are in their 30’s to get married is a good idea.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- People Should Be Encouraged To Get Married Before They Are 30 | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays People Get Married And Have Children After The Age Of 30 | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Sometimes Said That People Should Be Encouraged To Get Married Before They Turn 30 | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Get Married And Have Children After The Age Of 30 | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Problems Like Juvenile Delinquency Arise From The Fact That Many Married Woman Now Work And Are Not At Home To Care For Their Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- There Is An Increasing Trend Around The World Of Married Couples Deciding Not To Have Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Allowing Children To Make Their Own Choices Is Likely To Result In A Society Of Individuals Who Only Think About Their Own Wishes | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Parents Prefer To Have Their Children Raised By Their Grandparents | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think Parents Should Supervise Their Children’s Activities Closely | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Grandparents Provide Better Care Than Day Care Centres