Much and many
These are quantifiers. Use much before a singular uncountable noun. Use many before a plural noun.
- I haven’t got much time. (NOT I haven’t got many time.)
- How much of the house needs repairing?
- You can have as much milk as you want. (NOT You can have as many milk as you want.)
- I don’t know many of your friends.
- She hasn’t got many friends.
- We have got much work ahead of us.
- Many are called few are chosen.
- There aren’t many eggs left.
- You didn’t eat much breakfast.