More And More Qualified People Are Moving From Poor Countries To Rich Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
More and more qualified people are moving from poor to rich countries to fill vacancies in specialist areas like engineering, computing and medicine. Some people believe that by encouraging the movement of such people, rich countries are stealing from poor countries. Others feel that this is only part of the natural movement of workers around the world. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
In this era of modernization and globalization there are a lot of opportunities available in developed countries like the USA and Canada. Today, smart people are migrating from poor nations to richer countries to work in the field of engineering and medicine. Some people think richer countries are stealing the human capital of poor countries whereas others think it is just a migration of workers to developed countries. I totally disagree with the argument that richer countries are robbing poor countries of their human resources. Nobody is asking people to migrate.
The most important reason for people migrating to other countries is that there are more opportunities available. The developed nations have more infrastructure available for research and development which some of the poor nations do not have. For example, around 100,000 people from South Asian countries migrate to the USA and Germany for better education and job prospects. After graduating in some years, students can find jobs which provide them more satisfaction and a good salary. Furthermore, the education system in the richer countries is advanced in the field of engineering and medicine. There are more options available to work and learn at the same time. By working in some of the multi-national companies, migrants get encouraged to work hard and are able to fulfill their ambitions. They are able to provide a better lifestyle and education to their families which is also one of the most crucial reasons for migration.
On the other hand, the argument that rich nations are stealing talent does not hold water. People are moving on their own. Since the dawn of civilization, mankind has always shown an interest in moving to greener pastures. If developing nations are able to provide similar opportunities in their country, many of these people who moved to foreign countries will be more than happy to return. So, it is basically a question of people moving to places where better opportunities are available. While I do admit that this leads to brain drain, we cannot blame the rich nations for this.
To conclude, due to the availability of more resources and opportunities in the field of computing, engineering and medicine more people are migrating to developed countries to fulfill their dreams and ambitions. In my opinion, this is a natural movement of skilled workforce and rich countries cannot be blamed for abetting this.
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Rich Countries Are Getting Richer And Poor Countries Are Getting Poorer
- Rich Countries Should Not Give Jobs To Skilled Workers From Poor Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay sample | Rich nations should help poor nations
- All Over The World The Rich Are Becoming Richer And The Poor Are Becoming Poorer | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | The rich nations should help the poor nations
- In Many Countries, The Rich Are Becoming Richer And The Poor Are Becoming Poorer | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Both The Poor And The Rich Find Accessibility Into University Difficult | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people think that the range of technology currently available is increasing the gap between rich people and poor people.
- All Over The World The Rich Are Becoming Richer And The Poor Are Becoming Poorer | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- An Increasing Number Of Professionals Such As Doctors And Teachers Are Leaving Their Poor Countries To Work In Developed Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample