More And More Plastic Waste Is Polluting Cities, Country Sides And Oceans | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
More and more plastic waste is polluting cities, country sides, and oceans on the world. What problems does it cause? What are the solutions?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
In recent times, plastic has become a major problem for our environment. Our society is facing the worst pollution crises ever in the history of mankind. Excessive use of plastic causes several problems. The worst affected are soil fertility and marine and wild life.
Most types of plastic are non-biodegradable and do not breakdown in the soil for centuries. Therefore, it is widely found in oceans and agricultural lands due to the improper dumping mechanism. Henceforth, the plastic is mixing with our soil and adversely impacting its fertility. A study conducted by the University of Chicago found that per hectare wheat production has decreased by 46% in the USA since 1999. After carefully examining the soil, they found that plastic particles in the soil are the main cause of the reduction in yield. In addition, plastic floating on water bodies is eaten by fish / marine life. As they cannot digest it, they develop various health problems and die. Wildlife also chokes on plastic.
Though plastic pollution is a cause of concern for every individual it can be answered by educating the general public. Government and local bodies must intervene and initiate awareness campaigns which highlight the demerits of plastic use. Furthermore, they must take necessary steps to find alternatives which are more sustainable and environment friendly. For instance, a ban on the plastic bags in Islamabad, Pakistan during the year 2016 reduced waste by 39% in merely 2 years and it is an applaudable achievement.
To conclude, nowadays environment pollution is a major concern for the whole world This issue must be addressed in an immediate manner, otherwise it would have dire consequences for our food supply and habitat.
- Plastic Shopping Bags Should Be Banned Because They Pollute Land And Sea | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Plastic Bags Should Be Banned | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample About The Extinction of Wildlife Species Due To Human Activity
- IELTS about economic development and environmental problems
- There Is An Increasing Demand For Flights | What Problems Does This Cause | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS model essay: Do you think that factories and tour operators should bear the cost of cleaning up pollution?
- Some People Believe That Children Should Be Brought Up In Cities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about increasing air and water pollution in developing nations
- Some People Think That Higher Taxes Should Be Collected From Industries Causing Higher Industrial Pollution | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Living In Large Cities Today Poses Many Problems For People | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample