Many Students Take Part Time Jobs While Studying In University | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Many students take part-time jobs whilst studying in university. Is this a good or bad idea?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Working while studying is becoming increasingly popular among college students. However, this trend could have positive as well as negative outcomes. This essay will examine both the aspects before concluding whether it is beneficial for students or not.
There are some disadvantages to part-time work for students. The major one is the shortage of time. Even if, they are working for only a few hours a day or week, they have to juggle work and university. Sometimes, they cannot complete their course assignments due to work commitments. Furthermore, most of the college students do not have previous work experience so, they end up doing jobs in factories, retail stores or pubs and often have to take shifts which are not appropriate for them.
Nevertheless, the advantages of part-time work should not be neglected. Firstly, these temporary jobs help students earn money and make them independent. This is crucial because when they work harder, they start to value money and spend it wisely. Apart from this, with this salary, they can manage their daily expenses and do not have to rely on their parents for pocket money. Secondly, even though odd-jobs do not provide them with any job oriented skills, students can at least enhance their people skills by interacting with their colleagues. Finally, they can also make new contacts from these jobs which might turn out to be important for them later.
To conclude, although there are some drawbacks to working and studying at the same time for students, I believe, they are negligible compared to the valuable life lessons and reference students can get from the part-time jobs.
- Some students work while studying | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Many University Students Do Part-time Work While Studying At University | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many University Students Work Part Time While Studying At University | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- University Students Are Increasingly Studying Abroad | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Better For Students To Live Away From Home During Their University Studies | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many University Students Live With Their Families | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- University Students Are Increasingly Studying Abroad As Part Of Their Studies | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe The Aim Of University Education Is To Help Graduates Get Better Jobs | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Studying In A College Or University Is The Best Way For Students To Prepare For Their Future Career | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Think That Students Should Go To University To Improve Their Career Prospects