Many People Who Had A Big Impact On The World Gave Themselves To Their Work | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
It has been noted that many people who had a big impact on the world gave themselves completely to their work and did not bother with the idea of “work-life balance”. To what extent should people try to have a good work-life balance? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Many successful legends like Steve Jobs, Ramanujan, and Vir Savarkar devoted their entire life to achieve their only goal. This does not mean that everyone should follow their path and ignore family completely. I strongly feel that everyone should maintain an optimum level of work-life balance in order to become successful in the field of career and family.
Firstly, many people do not spend enough time with their family and as a consequence, family members feel insignificant and it usually affects their personal life. To avoid such issues, an individual should balance their office and home perfectly. For instance, world leaders like Subhash Chandra Bose, Mandela, and Stalin had only one goal in their life and there was no room for personal life; however, this could not be the same for every individual. Everyone in the world is different in nature and their priorities too differ; so it does not make any sense to follow the exact same path of these genius people.
Furthermore, corporate life is becoming more hectic day by day and to survive in this battleground we should be mentally as well as psychologically strong; to achieve that we should spend quality time with our family. Many people suffer from health related problems like hyper-tension, blood pressure, and diabetes due to the current lifestyle. For example, according to the recent survey of World Health Organization, more than 40 percent employees are prone to develop brain and heart related diseases. Thus, to overcome such problems we should avoid imbalance between work and life.
In conclusion, in order to create great bond with family members and to avoid illness caused by today’s lifestyle, I believe that under no circumstances should we lose work-life balance.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Many People Find It Hard To Balance Their Work With Other Parts Of Their Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Have A Huge Negative Impact On Individuals And Society | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Try To Find A Balance Between Their Work And Other Aspects Of Life | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Is work-life balance necessary?
- A Growing Number Of People Work By Telecommuting | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Believe That People Should Not Continue To Work Once They Reach The Age Of Retirement | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Like To Spend Their Leisure Time With Their Colleagues | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample | When both parents work how are children affected?
- Many People Work Long Hours, Leaving Very Little Time For Leisure Activities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Young People Should Spend More Of Their Free Time At Home With Their Families | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample