Many People Join Distance Learning Programs And Study At Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Many people join distance learning programs and study at home but some people think that it cannot bring the same benefit as attending colleges or universities does. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Find essay organization tips and grammar lessons on our Youtube Channel.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Distant learning has become common nowadays. While there are many students who study at home using technology, some people believe that it is not as beneficial as physically attending a university. I completely agree with this view because attending college has a direct influence on the overall development and intellect of a student.
There are several advantages to studying in a college or a university. One of them is the atmosphere which persuades the youngsters to study. As such, there are fewer distractions in such an environment unlike home where children, relatives and neighbours are sources of disturbance. Moreover, in a college the student has the opportunity to learn the subject practically. For instance, many universities conduct hands on classes to provide in depth knowledge of the topic. This is impossible while studying through the TV and the internet. Also, teachers can assess the students’ learning process and their progress on a daily basis by means of tests and this is not exactly possible in distance learning. Thus, the real purpose of education is attained when a student physically attends a university.
Additionally, life at a university can shape a student’s character. At the university, the students have the opportunity to meet people coming from different countries, cultures, family and financial backgrounds. This interaction will help in moulding the student’s personality unlike virtual learning which impedes such development. Furthermore, the youngsters are likely to skip classes when they are virtual but the rules and regulations imposed by the university forces the young scholars to attend the class regularly making them more disciplined. Thus, attending a college will help in moulding the personality of the students.
In conclusion, while there are millions of students pursuing education through distant learning programs, I personally believe that attending a college or university is more effective / is better at fostering the intellectual and personality development of the student.
- IELTS essay: Are distance learning programs as effective as full time programs?
- Everybody should be allowed admission to university study programs regardless of their academic ability | Band 8.5 IELTS essay sample
- Universities And Colleges Are Now Offering Qualifications Through Distance Learning | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe The Aim Of University Education Is To Help Graduates Get Better Jobs | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people think that all university students should study whatever they like
- Going Overseas For University Study Is An Exciting Prospect For Many People | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That All University Students Should Study Whatever They Like | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay samples: It is better to study abroad
- In The Past, When Students Did A University Degree, They Tended To Study In Their Own Country | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More Students Want To Study At International Universities