Many People In Today’s Society Enjoy Watching Movies Or TV Programs About Crime | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Many people in today’s society enjoy watching movies or TV programs about crime. What makes them so appealing to people? What is the impact of this on individuals and the society?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
In this contemporary era, many people are extremely interested in watching shows and movies related to crime because of their gripping and thrilling plots / storyline. These crime thrillers have both positive and negative impacts on the society.
Undoubtedly, the plot of crime serials revolves around the crime taken place and how the detectives find these criminals using interesting strategies. Each episode is full of twists and suspense and people eagerly watch them. For instance, Crime Patrol a show on Sony TV is watched by millions because of its gripping content. Besides many studies revealed that people are naturally intrigued by negative news and that violent scenes attract more eyeballs. Therefore, people are excited about watching crime thrillers because of their shock and awe value.
Having said that, these shows affect people’s brain positively and negatively. The potential benefit of these crime shows is that they make people aware of crimes taking place in the immediate surroundings and how they can stay safe in such an environment. Consequently, this knowledge can definitely save many lives by enabling them to take certain precautions. However, these shows give new and different ideas to evil minds to commit crime. More importantly, many criminals find loopholes in the laws through which they can evade punishment. Lastly, psychologists have found that these violent shows have a deteriorating effect on children’s mind.
To conclude, it is quite evident that people are more excited about watching thrilling stories which keep them on the edge of their seats. Although these crime stories can increase awareness about the crimes taking place, they give criminals fresh ideas to commit crime and even effect child’s brain negatively.
- Some People Believe That Longer Prison Sentences Are The Best Way To Decrease Crime | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries Today, Crime Novels And TV Crime Dramas Are Becoming More And More Popular | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries, Crime Novels And TV Crime Are Becoming More And More Popular | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Watching Television Is Bad For Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries Today Crime Novels And TV Crime Are Becoming More And More Popular | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Violence In Media Promotes Violence In Society
- Some People Think That Watching Movies Is A Total Waste Of Time | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | There should be fixed punishments for each crime
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Many Criminals Commit Crimes After Serving Punishment
- Studies Show That Crime Rates Are Lower Among Those With Educational Degrees | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample