Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Such As Facebook Have A Huge Negative Impact On People | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Many people believe that social networking sites (such as Facebook) have had a huge negative impact on both individuals and society. To what extent do you agree?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Almost everyone uses social networking sites like Facebook these days. Some people are convinced that social networking has significantly more negative than positive impact on our lives. I completely agree with this view.
First and foremost, social networking has led to an increase in incidents of crimes. It gives even complete strangers access to the personal details of a person such as their locality, place of work etc. This is because social networking sites such as Facebook, Instagram etc. encourage the public to share their day to day activities with their friends on their network. Although it feels good to share the happenings in your life with your mates by doing so online users are making it easy for fraudsters to access their personal information. Additionally, criminals can launch cyber attacks on their victim.
Another point to consider is the decline in human interactions. To illustrate, because of the flexibility that social networking provides like communication via chat, video calling, conference calls etc. it brings laziness to individuals. As a result, they hesitate to meet people in person. Unfortunately, lack of face to face interactions hurts relationships and leads to social alienation.
To sum up, although it sounds exciting to be part of social media and to share our whereabouts with friends, colleagues etc, it brings more concerns that need to be handled very well. Otherwise, it could have a significant negative impact on an individual and the society. I believe that one should be very much aware of the issues that social networking brings before starting to use it.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Social networking sites like Facebook have a negative impact on the society | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Many people believe that social networking sites such as Facebook have had a negative impact on both individuals and society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Have A Huge Negative Impact On Both Individuals And Society | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Sample | Social Networking Sites Have a Negative Effect On Society
- Teenagers Are Spending An Increasing Amount Of Time On The Internet And This Is Having A Negative Impact On Their Social Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays People Are Affected By The Internet And Social Media | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Computer technology has more of a negative impact than a positive impact on the society. Do you agree?
- IELTS model essay: Are social skills more important than academic skills?
- Band 7 essay sample | Impact of technology