Many Parents Encourage Young People To Leave Home When They Become Older | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Many parents encourage young people to leave home when they become older, while others think they should stay at home with the family. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some parents encourage children to leave the home once they become adults; others want adult children to continue to live with them. Both views will be discussed in this view. However, in my opinion, children should leave the parental home rather than staying with them.
To make their grown-ups smarter and more independent some parents encourage their children to consider leaving their house once they reach a certain age. This is because adults learn about the importance of financial independence and emotional maturity only when they step out into the real world and face the challenges themselves. For example, when young people live away from their parents, they learn to manage their finances. They even pick up valuable life skills like cooking. Actually, many young adults who leave their parental home for studies or employment can perform almost all household tasks like cooking and cleaning without help. Living on their own also enables young people to enjoy privacy.
On the other hand, young adults who stay with their family are believed to have stronger traditional values and family ties. This means that young adults staying at home develop a very close bond with their immediate family and this instils in them a firm sense of cultural belonging. However, many youngsters become overly dependent on family and even compromise their privacy when staying with their family under one roof. For example, Indians stay with their parents even after they turn 30 and learn to adjust but this costs them their privacy.
To conclude, staying with family even after reaching adulthood may bolster the ties; however, in my opinion, young people should live on their own to become financially and emotionally secure adults.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Young People Should Be Encouraged To Leave Home When They Become Adults | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That The Government Should Pay One Of The Parents Of Very Young Children To Stay At Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Sometimes People Think That Young People Should Be Encouraged To Leave Their Family At A Certain Age | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Young Children Should Be Encouraged To Leave Family At A Certain Age | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Better For Students To Live Away From Home During Their University Studies | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | The government should pay one of the parents to stay at home
- Some People Say Parents Should Encourage Their Children To Take Part In Organized Group Activities | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Young People Should Spend More Of Their Free Time At Home With Their Families | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Young People Have Different Views And Attitudes Than Their Parents | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays There Is An Increase In Social Problems Involving Young People Because Parents Spend More Time At Work | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample