Many Offenders Commit More Crimes After Serving The First Punishment | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Many offenders commit more crimes after serving the first punishment. Why is this happening, and what measures can be taken to tackle this problem?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
A large number of criminals who serve their first prison sentence leave prison only to reoffend. This is mainly because of the lack of rehabilitation and difficulty finding regular employment once released. There are a number of solutions which should be implemented to deal with criminals who reoffend.
Firstly, the reason for most first-time offenders to commit crimes again, once they have been released from prison, is the lack of rehabilitation whilst in prison. In other words, offenders are not given a chance to retrain and learn new skills for their future or develop a deeper understanding of correct moral behavior. Instead, they mix with other criminals which only strengthens their criminal intentions. Secondly, repeat offending is also owing to the difficulty in finding employment after being released. As a result, many of them struggle financially and this forces them to go back to crime regardless of the consequences.
There are two effective solutions to the problem of repeat offenders. One way to tackle this is to ensure that all criminals entering prison are given the chance to acquire useful skills which will hopefully ensure them a job after they have served their sentence. By doing this, they can get integrated back into the society and also find some means to support themselves financially.
Another method of dealing with criminals who reoffend is to have more supervision and checks in place when they are back in society. This solution would hopefully prevent them from taking any chances and deter them from reoffending because they are being watched closely.
In conclusion, providing vocational training in jail and monitoring their activities once they are out of prison are effective ways to deal with this issue. If governments implemented these solutions, crime figures would soon drop.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 8 essay sample: Many offenders commit more crimes after serving the first punishment
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Many Criminals Commit Crimes After Serving Punishment
- Many Criminals Commit More Crimes As Soon As They Are Released From Prison | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Convicted Criminals Commit More Crimes After Getting Released From Prison
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Many Criminals Commit Crimes Again After Serving Time In Prison
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Many Criminals Commit Further Crimes As Soon As They Are Released
- Teenagers Who Commit Serious Crimes Should Receive Adult Punishment | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Educating Criminals in Prison Will Reduce Crime Rate
- In Many Countries, Prison Is The Most Common Solution For Crimes | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Teenage Offenders Should Be Treated In The Same As Adult Criminals | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample