Many governments think that economic progress is their most important goal | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Many governments think that economic progress is their most important goal. Some people, however, think that other sorts of progress are equally important for a country. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Need help with writing? Send me your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
There is no single yardstick for measuring the progress of a nation. Some people think that economic progress is the ultimate determinant of success; others, however, insist that success in other areas is equally important. I agree with this view. In my opinion, the development of a nation is determined by various factors and financial stability is just one of them.
There is no denying the fact that financial progress is important. If a nation is economically strong, it does not have to depend on monetary assistance from other countries to carry out its developmental agenda. What’s more, rich nations enjoy good reputation overseas. They are influential and have a say in international affairs. Take, for instance, the case of United States of America. It is the richest country in the world. It is also the most influential. Obviously, financial progress is important.
However, in my opinion, financial progress alone will not help. For a nation to become developed, it has to achieve progress in all areas. For example, it has to address problems like social discrimination, economic disparity and rural and urban divide. These problems are rampant in most developing and undeveloped countries and they are the number one cause of social unrest. In addition to solving these problems, countries have to achieve development in the field of education, healthcare, science and technology. Actually, if a nation achieves progress in these areas, economic progress will follow. On the contrary, without development in these areas, it is nearly impossible to achieve economic growth.
To conclude, economic growth is just one of the measures of success. Nations that strive to become developed should work to achieve progress in all areas of life.
- IELTS essay sample | Economic growth is the measure of a nation’s development
- IELTS about economic development and environmental problems
- Band 6.5 essay sample about the goals of a government
- IELTS essay about financial assistance to poor nations
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Governments Should No Spend Money On International Aid When They Have Their Own Disadvantaged People
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Schools Should Reward Students Who Show Progress
- Should governments be held responsible for unemployment?
- Band 9 essay sample: Should governments invite foreign companies to open branches?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | The Government Should Allot More Funds For The Teaching Of Science
- Band 9 essay sample | Should governments provide weekly financial assistance to the jobless?