Many Food And Drinks Contain High Levels Of Sugar. Sugary Products Should Be Made More Expensive | Agree Or Disagree IELTS Essay Sample
Many manufactured food and drink products contain high levels of sugar, which causes many health problems. Sugary products should be made more expensive to encourage people to consume less sugar. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
The increasing consumption of food and beverages rich in sugar has caused many detrimental health issues among many people. In this situation, I partially agree with the argument that people need to be motivated to eat less sugar; however, I believe that raising the price of these products is not the only and the most suitable method.
To commence with, the primary reason why people need to consider reducing the amount of sugar in their daily meals is that it can lead to devastating diseases. Although many processed foods and drinks usually contain a high level of glucose, they are mostly fast, convenient and cheap. Therefore, many people, in order to save time and effort, overuse these types of products, which may eventually lead to many health problems such as obesity, diabetes. For instance, America has a significant high percentage of people who suffer from obesity, and according to some scientists, fast food and sweets are the main culprits.
However, since many people may oppose the move to increase the price of sugary foods, there are some other ways that can be adopted to tackle this problem. One way is that governments can proactively put a limit to the amount of sugar in fast food and canned food so that people can still enjoy these types of foods and drinks without consuming too much sugar. Another method is to use advertising to raise awareness among people about the consequences of eating sugar excessively. As a result, many people can acknowledge themselves, and be more considerate while choosing and using convenience products to avoid items that have high levels of glucose.
In conclusion, even though many people may enjoy having fast food or sweet drinks, it is important that they need to be discouraged from eating too much of these products by any means. Besides raising the price of these types of food and beverages, there are many other ways that the government should take into consideration.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate. You can find more agree or disagree IELTS essays here.
- Governments In Many Countries Have Recently Introduced Special Taxes On Foods And Beverages With High Levels Of Sugar | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are consuming too many sugary drinks
- Governments In Many Countries Have Recently Introduced Special Taxes On Foods And Beverages With High Levels Of Sugar | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Fast foods are bad. Do you agree?
- As Countries Become More Developed Many Fast Food Outlets Move Into Country Giving Local People Greater Access To The Food | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Governments In Many Countries Have Recently Introduced Special Taxes On Sugary Foods And Beverages | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample about increasing tax on food items
- Most People Prefer To Eat Ready To Eat Food Than Home-Made Food | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Obesity can be tackled by increasing the price of junk food items
- Fast Food Is Part Of Life In Many Places | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample