Many Children In Developing Countries Are Becoming Overweight | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
More children in developed countries are becoming overweight. This is a serious problem for wealthy countries. Discuss some causes and effects of this problem. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
A large number of children / the majority of children in the developing nations are gaining a lot of weight and becoming obese and this has become a serious issue for rich countries. This is mainly because of the excessive consumption of junk food and little to no physical activity which result in heart-related illness and mental problems.
The two main causes of obesity are unhealthy diet and lack of physical exercise among the children. Firstly, all the kids in the wealthy nations eat a lot of junk food such as fries and burgers which contain a huge amount of fats and calories making them overweight. Secondly, children these days spend a lot of time in front of their computers and therefore, do not play sports or exercise which is required for proper digestion. For instance, many doctors have recommended that to avoid obesity, it is important to follow a healthy diet and engage in physical activity.
An overweight child is more prone to ailments such as diabetes and heart-attacks. Obesity can also develop some mental issues such as anxiety and depression where a child isolates himself from the fit children in the surroundings. For example, a report recently commissioned in the United Kingdom states that 50% of overweight children show symptoms of depression and 34.6% suffers from diabetes at a young age.
To conclude, in rich countries, a lot of children are dealing with the issue of obesity due to junk food consumption and lack of physical activity and it creates some serious issues such as diabetes and depression. Therefore, regular exercise and healthy diet is recommended for all the children.
Want to improve your English Grammar? Get my book and avoid making the common mistakes that IELTS test takers usually make.
- More Children In Developed Countries Are Becoming Overweight | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- An Increasing Number Of Children Are Overweight These Days | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about obesity and its causes and solutions
- In Many Countries, Children Are Becoming Fatter And Less Fit Day By Day | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Number Of Obese People Is Increasing. What Are The Causes Of This? | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Percentage Of Overweight Children In Western Society Has Increased By Almost 20% | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Obesity Is Increasing Among Children
- With An Increasing Overweight Population Some Think Universities Should Make Sport A Compulsory Module On All Degree Courses | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Growing Number Of Overweight Children Is Putting A Strain On The Health Care System | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More People Are Becoming Seriously Overweight | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample