Many animals are being hunted to the brink of extinction. How can this issue be tackled?
Many animals are being hunted to the brink of extinction in order to fulfill the demand and greed of mankind for decorative purposes as well as for other reasons, such as traditional medicine. How can this issue be tackled?
Here is a band 9 essay on this topic. Need help with writing? Send me your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
People hunt animals to satisfy their greed and sometimes or medicinal purposes as well. For example, tigers and crocodiles are being hunted for their skin. Likewise, elephants are being killed because their tusks have great ornamental value. Some forms of medicine also use products obtained from animals. Unfortunately, excessive hunting and poaching has led to the extinction of many species. Many more are on the verge of extinction.
When animals become extinct the impact on the food chain is enormous. Before long, it will affect the balance of our ecosystem. Since humans cannot survive without other members of the food chain, it is imperative that we put a stop to mindless poaching and hunting.
Enacting stringent laws that make poaching a serious crime is definitely a step in the right direction. The government must also create awareness about the need to protect wild animals. It must bring home the fact that if animals die people will not be able to survive. The school curriculum should incorporate lessons that teach children the importance of protecting animals. In addition, the government should build wildlife sanctuaries where animals can live and breed without facing any threat from poachers.
The biggest argument in favour of hunting is that animals have medicinal value. Some alternative forms of medicine use products obtained from some wild animals. While it is true that these medicines have healing properties, that is not a reason to permit hunting. What’s more, modern medicine is evolving at a rapid pace and already most illnesses have cures that do not use any animal products. While banning traditional medicine is not a viable option, the government must enact laws that prohibit the use of endangered animals for making medicines.
To conclude, stringent laws are needed to protect animals from poaching. Poachers must be given harsh punishments. At the same time, the government must launch awareness campaigns about the need to protect animals.
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample About The Extinction of Wildlife Species Due To Human Activity
- IELTS essay: Some people believe that animals should not be used for profit. Do you agree or disagree
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Wild Animals Living In Cities Should Be Killed
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Is it fair to use animals for our benefits?
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Human Activity Has Had Significant Negative Impact On The Planet
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | There Is No Place For Zoos In The Twenty-first Century
- Protecting wild animals is a waste of resources | Band 8 essay samples
- IELTS essay sample: Some scientists believe that only certain species of wildlife should be protected
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Are Alternative Medicines Harmful?
- Band 8.5 Essay Sample | It Is Unfair To Use Animals For Our Benefit