Local Shops Have Closed Because Of Large Shopping Malls | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
In recent years, many small local shops have closed because customers travel to large shopping centers or malls to do their shopping. Is this a positive or a negative development?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is believed that with the advancement of malls and shopping centers, the local shop business is impacted, as people / consumers are more inclined to shop in malls than in local shops in their areas. I believe every new change comes with advantages and disadvantages.
On the one hand, large shopping centers and malls provide one-stop shop to the customers. There are a huge variety of shops, for instance, clothes, shoes, bags, groceries, furniture to name a few. All these are available under one roof. Thus, it becomes easy for people to buy / shop for everything they need at one place. Earlier when such places did not exist it was common for consumers to return home forgetting to buy certain things they wanted. Furthermore, it was difficult to go to multiple shops at different places in one trip. Hence, malls and shopping centers have proven to be time-savers and very convenient for the customers.
On the other hand, there are certain disadvantages associated with it. The small local shopkeepers are losing their business and that is impacting their families. It is also bad for economic growth. For many, these shops are there from generations and they are probably not skilled enough to take up some other occupation. Additionally, many local shops sell products that portray the culture and tradition of the country, which is being lost with the development of malls.
To conclude, I believe malls are helpful and provide a good place for shopping and entertainment. However, the market should be able to accommodate local shop owners as well and people should not abandon them completely. It is essential to let local stores survive alongside malls for maintaining economic balance in the society.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- In Recent Years Many Local Shops Have Closed Because Customers Travel To Large Shopping Malls | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Local Shops Are Closing Are They Are Unable To Compete With Large Supermarkets | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Have The Opinion That Big Shopping Malls Are Expensive Places As They Charge Higher Prices For Products | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Local Shops Are Closing Down Because Of Supermarkets
- Band 6.5 essay | Young people spend their time in shopping malls
- IELTS essay about supermarkets and small shops
- Band 6.5 essay samples: Online shopping has become more popular than in-store shopping
- The Recent Popularity Of Online Shopping Will Result In The End Of High Street Shops | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Due to the development and rapid expansion of supermarkets, many small local businesses are unable to compete | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Some People Think That The Closure Of Local Businesses Will Bring About The Death Of Local Communities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample