Learning A New Language At An Early Age is Helpful For Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Learning a new language at an early age is helpful for children. Is it more positive for their career prospects or does it have some adverse effects? Agree or disagree
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, learning a new language at a young age is beneficial for children because it enables them to enhance their communication skills and career prospects. I fully agree with this view. In my opinion, children should be encouraged to learn foreign languages at primary school itself because at this age they can learn faster and acquire proficiency with little effort.
Bilingualism and multilingualism are coveted skills that people can acquire in this globalized world and children have a greater ability to learn new languages than adults. For example, a 3 year old can learn multiple languages by simply interacting with people who speak those languages. By contrast, an adult in a similar situation has to put in considerable effort to gain even working knowledge of foreign languages. This is because children are better equipped to learn new languages and to take advantage of this natural ability they should be taught a second or third language at an early age.
Foreign language skills will only benefit the child and has no adverse impacts on them. A child who is a polyglot can survive in any foreign country. Needless to say, when he grows up he can easily get prestigious jobs in the multinational companies as he is able to interact with his colleagues using multiple languages.
In conclusion, foreign language skills are crucial in this age of globalisation and young children should be motivated to become bilingual or multilingual at an early age because they have better language learning skills than adults.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- It Is Better For Children To Begin Learning A Foreign Language From Primary School | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: Is learning another foreign language before English a waste of time?
- IELTS essay about the reasons for learning a foreign language
- Some Experts Believe That It Is Better For Children To Begin Learning A Foreign Language At Primary School | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Should Children Learn A Foreign Language From Primary School? | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay sample about the reasons for learning a foreign language
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | It Is Better For Children To Learn A Foreign Language At A Young Age
- The Only Reason For Learning A Foreign Language Is To Travel To Or Work In A Foreign Country | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay sample | Learning a foreign language at primary school is beneficial
- Band 8 Essay Sample About The Merits And Demerits Of Learning A Foreign Language In Primary School