Last Tuesday you flew from New York to Paris but forgot your bag on the plane | Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
Last Tuesday you flew from New York to Paris. When you arrived home, you discovered that you had left your cabin bag on the plane. Write a letter to the airline. In your letter, you should explain:
- Where and when you lost your bag
- What your bag looks like
- What its contents were
Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing this letter to inform you that I forgot my cabin bag on your airlines – NY276 on which I flew from New York to Paris last Tuesday. My seat number was 21F and my PNR number was NYCAIR34567218. I had placed my bag in the opposite cabin as the one above my seat was already full and I realised that I had forgotten it only after reaching my home. I forgot it as I was in a hurry to board my next flight.
My bag is a GUCCI camel brown leather shoulder bag with the tagline I love New York. I also have my name etched on it. The bag contains my books for the next semester along with a few of my credit cards and I am petrified as those cards do not ask for pin numbers for transactions. I also have my blue color 64 GB iPod in the front partition of the bag.
I request you to search the cabin for my bag. If it is there I could come and collect it directly from you this week itself. Please do inform me if it is not found as I need to lodge a complaint to block my cards at the earliest.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Writing correction service
Need help with writing? Send me your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You Forgot Your Handbag On The Aeroplane
- Band 9 letter sample: You forgot a coat at your friend’s place
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | You Lost Some Valuables During A Train Journey
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | You are studying for a qualification, and you would like some time off work to complete it
- During a recent plane journey, you sat next to a businessman who owns a chain of restaurants | Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
- You recently attended a meeting at a hotel | Band 8 IELTS letter sample
- IELTS sample letter: informal letter between friends
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | A Letter To A Hotel Manager
- IELTS letter sample about belongings left in a hotel room
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To Someone About A Coat They Left At Your Office