It is often said that children learn best by observing the behavior of adults and copying it | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
It is often said that children learn best by observing the behavior of adults and copying it. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with writing? Try my writing correction service.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
If we look around it is not hard to see that children raised by law abiding, god fearing parents demonstrate good character traits. They are a pleasure to be around and a blessing to the society. By contrast, children who grow up in the company of bad people almost always acquire bad traits. They eventually grow into notorious criminals. Therefore, I agree with the argument that children learn by observing and copying others.
Young children have highly impressionable minds. They arrive in this world with no idea of what is good or bad. The only way for them to learn is to observe others and copy their actions. When a young child behaves badly, he is not exactly aware of the fact that he is being a nuisance. Rather, he is merely demonstrating the behaviour he sees around him.
For example, if we study the lives of notorious criminals, it is easy to see that many of them had a troubled childhood. Most of the times, they came from dysfunctional families where they had no one to teach them what is good or bad. They just imitated the behaviour of the people around them and eventually turned out to be criminals. By contrast, it is extremely difficult for children raised in good households to develop bad habits. This happens only in the rare cases where the child gets into the company of bad people outside their home.
To conclude, it is evident that children learn a lot from the behaviour of the people around them. It is therefore imperative that parents who want to raise good children demonstrate good behaviour themselves.
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Children Learn By Observing And Copying the Behaviour of Adults
- Band 8 essay sample | School is the place to learn social values
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Smacking Children Is The Best Form Of Discipline
- Band 7 essay sample | Punishment is necessary to help children learn the difference between right and wrong
- IELTS Essay: What effects do traveling parents have on their children?
- IELTS Essay: Should single adults be encouraged to study and live away from their parents
- IELTS essay about parents buying too many toys for their children
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Children Do Not Respect Parents
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | It Is Better For Children To Learn A Foreign Language At A Young Age
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Schools Should Teach Good Behaviour To Children