It Is Common For More And More People To Become Famous At A Very Young Age | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
It is common for more and more people to become famous at a very young age. Is it a positive or negative development?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
In this age of the internet and social media anyone who is camera friendly and has a little bit of talent can become celebrities overnight. While it is true that instant fame benefits young people in many ways, in my opinion, it is largely detrimental.
Famous people enjoy many benefits. They are always in the news and surrounded by fans wherever they go. This relentless attention certainly gives them an ego boost and makes them feel more important. Another advantage is that fame almost always leads to wealth. Celebrities can monetize their popularity and live life king size. They can buy whatever they want without taking costs into consideration. They have people constantly at their beck and call. These are certainly advantages.
Yet, in my opinion, this is largely a negative development. For the sake of attracting more viewers / eyeballs media often give undue coverage to celebrity gossips and affairs and this exerts tremendous pressure on them. The teen celebrities themselves are under too much pressure to maintain the brand image. To look more attractive many of them go under the knife. They may also resort to other gimmicks to stay in news. The pressure to maintain stardom often leads these youngsters to wrong ways such as drug addiction. Also, when people achieve too much fame at a young age, they often fail to understand the value of hard work. They do not realize that their success is more due to luck than talent or hard work. Instant fame usually does not last long. When overnight celebrities become ordinary people after one or two years, they often fall into depression and some even commit suicide.
In conclusion, the opportunity to achieve instant fame is usually bad for young people as many of them have difficulty coping with the newfound stardom.
- Celebrities Are Now More Famous For Glamour And Wealth | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Young People Nowadays Are Imitating Celebrities In Sports And Movies | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays, The Internet And Television Have Given Ordinary People A Chance To Become Famous | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Being A Celebrity Such As A Famous Film Star Or Sports Personality Brings Problems As Well As Benefits | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays, The Internet And Television Have Give Ordinary People A Chance To Become Famous | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Celebrities Are More Famous For Their Money And Glamour
- Ordinary People Try To Copy Famous People | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays celebrities are mainly famous for their glamour and wealth | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Celebrities Mislead Young People
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Being a celebrity such as a famous film star or sports personality brings problems as well as benefits.