It Is Better To Choose Friends Who Always Agree With Us | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that it’s better to choose friends who always have the same opinions as them. Other people believe that it’s good to have friends who sometimes disagree with them. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 essay sample
Some people opine that it is better to make friends with people who share their likes and interests. Others opine that it is nice to have a friend who sometimes opposes their views. In my opinion, having friends who disagree with us on some topics can give us a better perspective of the situation we are in.
There are certainly several benefits to having a friend who agrees with us on most things. For example, friends with similar interests can watch a movie or plan an outing together. Since they have same tastes, there are fewer chances of conflicts between them. In this day and age when most people have stressful jobs, being in a stress free friendship is essential to save our sanity.
On the other hand, a friend who always agrees with us on all topics can sometimes do us more harm than good. Every one of us has our shortcomings and all of us make mistakes. If all of our friends always think like us, there will be no one to guide us to the right path when we go astray. For example, someone may be addicted to the nasty habit of smoking. He is more likely to choose friends who share the same liking for tobacco. Unfortunately, this does not help him in any way. As time passes by, his addiction to smoking will become more and more intense and he will develop various health problems. By contrast, if he had a friend who did not smoke, he is more likely to have quit this deadly habit years ago. Thus, it is evident that sometimes friends with dissimilar interests and views can be beneficial to us.
In conclusion, having friends who agree with us certainly makes our lives less stressful. However, it is essential to have at least a few friends who do not think like us because they can give us better perspectives on life.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Think That It Is Better To Choose Friends Who Always Have The Same Opinion As Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Better To Have Friends With Similar Opinions | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: People should choose a job they love. Do you agree?
- Band 7 Essay Sample About Making Friends Online
- IELTS Essay: Friends have a greater influence than parents on young people
- Some People Believe It is Important To Give Gifts And Presents To Friends And Family To Show That We Care For Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries, It Is Now Illegal To Smoke In Public Places | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Young people are getting more infleuenced by their friends
- Television Has Destroyed Communication Among Friends And Family | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Television, Friends And Music Are The Main Factors That Influence A Child’s Development | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample