It Has Been Claimed That Workers Over 50 Are Not Responsive To Rapidly Changing Ideas In The Modern Workplace | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
It has been claimed that workers over 50 are not responsive to rapidly changing ideas in the modern workplace and for this reason, younger workers are to be preferred. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, reports and letters corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is argued that the current workplace demands more younger professionals than older workers because the latter are not adaptive to fast-changing ideas and technologies. I agree with this view to a great extent. While I do admit that young professionals are more comfortable with new technologies, they lack the experience and wisdom of their seniors and for this reason companies also need to retain at least some of their experienced employees.
Workers over fifty years of age are considered the asset of an organization. Their vast experience not only adds value but also helps in the critical decision-making process. Apart from new ideas, every organization needs workers with hands-on experience and a deep understanding of industry specific issues. Thus, obviously, every organization needs at least some experienced senior employees.
However, in this age of technology, experience alone will not suffice. Despite the enriched experience older workers have, the changing dynamics of today’s workplace demand young professionals. Today’s workplace witnesses an unprecedented change which is fast and requires quick adaptation. With the continuous technical advancement, high competition and a flooded market, an organization cannot take the risk of investing time in the training of its resources. Older professionals are habituated to and comfortable in their own style of work which is hard to change. On the other hand, young professionals are fresh hence they can be moulded to fit any style of working. For example, when the internet started ruling over the world, older workers found it very hard to adapt to this sudden change in the workplace. Hence, organizations quickly started taking young professionals who can easily work on computers. Overall, experience does have an advantage, but this fast-paced market needs young people who are more adaptive and flexible.
In conclusion, this essay argued that in current market dynamics, an organization needs employees who are flexible and responsive to change; hence, young professionals are preferred over older workers. Having said that, it is still important to retain at least some senior employees in key decision making roles.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- IELTS essay: Are younger employees more valuable than older employees?
- Some People Believe That Young People Bring More Profits To A Company | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- You Are Not Satisfied With The Changing Rooms In A Sports Centre | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Today It Is Common To Have People From Two Different Generations Mix In The Same Workplace | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Young People’s Ideas And Attitudes Are Different From Those Of Their Parents | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- /Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Should Companies Hire Innovative And Independent Workers Instead of Team Players?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | It Is Not Wise For A Company To Replace Its Old Employees With Young Employees
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Computers and modems have made it possible for office workers to do much of their work from home instead of working in offices every day
- IELTS essay sample | Young managers are better than older managers. Do you agree?
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Changing jobs frequently is bad