International Sporting Events Promote Peace Between Countries | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
International sporting events promote peace between countries. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Healthy sports competition is one of the many ways of creating friendly relations among countries. While many believe that international sports might not be beneficial in any manner, I side with those who opine that it promotes peace among nations due to a variety of reasons.
Firstly, when a nation hosts a major sports competition, many authorities from other countries come forward to support the host. While I concede that the majority of the expenses are borne by the host country, financial aids from foreign governments provide a boost to event preparations. Take the Commonwealth games hosted by India in 2010, for example. The Australian government extended their help in the form of interest free flexible loans to the Indian government. As a result, I believe that such events strengthen the rapport between two countries.
Another reason is that foreign sportsmen become the host country’s ambassadors. When they arrive to participate in the the events from foreign countries, how we treat their athletes becomes the way these countries perceive the host nation. If they were treated with utmost respect and professionalism, they would leave happy. When these athletes are interviewed in their home countries, they might share their positive experiences. Finally, these events attract a lot of international tourists and if they are treated well, it will improve the relationships of their country with the host country.
Some suggest that many tourists have preconceived thoughts about other countries which are hard to change. However, when they have a good time in the host country, their perception changes and they might even encourage their friends to visit the host nation in future. As a result, this helps in improving the relations between nations.
To conclude, not only do such events improve relations between countries when they show support to each other, it also sweetens the relation between citizens of different countries. Therefore, I strongly believe that international sporting events promote peace and brotherhood.
- IELTS band 8 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of hosting international sporting events
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | International Sporting Events Are A Waste Of Money And Time
- Popular International Sporting Events Are Essential For Easing International Tensions | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Advantages And Disadvantages of Hosting International Sporting Events
- IELTS essay topic | Countries should not spend too much money on training athletes for international events
- International Sporting Events Are Essential For Easing International Tensions | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Countries Invest Huge Sums Of Money To Prepare Their Athletes For International Events | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That International Sporting Events Create Conflicts Between People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That International Tourism Is A Bad Thing For Their Own Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That International Tourism Is A Bad Thing For Their Own Countries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample